It won't be long now and Savannah will be walking everywhere! She's gone from pulling herself up on her knees on the edge of the bathtub...to pulling herself to a stand and walking around all of our furniture...in just the past few days!! I remember when Kenzie started walking and how much my life changed...well, it's about to change again when Savannah starts walking. It's like they go from being a baby to being a little toddler overnight! And, we've only had her home for 8 weeks now (as of tomorrow!). It's amazing to think of how far she's come in just a short time...to think that she wasn't even crawling when we brought her home, and now she's mastered crawling and working on walking!!! She's also much more verbal than she was before, she is a little chatterbox. So far, the only things we can recognize her saying are "mas" which means more...she says that whenever she wants something to eat or drink and especially if she sees us eating anything! She said "hi" the other day, but hasn't done it since. She also says "da da" when she sees our little dog Newman, she gets really excited and points at him...she's really trying to say "dog dog!"
On another note, my dear friend Karen & her precious daughter, Abbie, were submitted to the US Embassy today for PINK!!! Praise God for answered prayers! Karen should have her appointment date later this week so she'll know exactly when she gets to bring Abbie home!
I've also added quite a few new blog links for "Blogs I Read." I will be following several families journeys to adopt from Africa, many from Ethiopia and a special family who is adopting 2 little boys from Zambia (the family just happens to be Jeanette's sister Joy & her husband Javier & their 5 bio kids!). I'm really excited to watch these families bring their children home from Africa! I feel like God is already preparing my heart to bring another child into our home someday...but first, He's going to have to work on my husband's heart! If it is meant to be, then I know that God will bring our two hearts together on this and when the time is right, we will both agree that God is calling us to adopt again. I am reminded of the fact that God put international adoption on both of our hearts back in the summer of 2005. He worked on our hearts separately and then one day we both brought up the idea to each other...on the very same day! It was amazing and our journey of faith brought us to our daughter Savannah. If we are so blessed to be called to adopt again, then I know God will make it obvious to both of us that this is His will for our family. For now, I am just praying silently to God about the desires of my heart and I am trusting that He will do the rest! I cannot wait to see what the future holds and to see how God works!
Here are a few pictures of Savannah, she is so proud of herself now that she can pull to a stand!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
1 comments:
How sweet! Thanks for the Shout Out!!! I will try and call you this afternoon!
Love,
Karen
Post a Comment