-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Friday, July 27, 2007

14 Months Old Today!!!

Savannah is 14 months old today and what a blessing she is in our lives! I am so thankful that we took our journey of faith to adopt our sweet daughter. To think of all that we could have missed had we not decided to follow God's leading. I cannot imagine what life would be like without Savannah and I am so glad that we did not listen to the many skeptics and all of the little whispers from Satan who was trying to stop us from doing God's work. He wanted us to go down the path of despair, hopelessness, and faithlessness, but God had better things planned for us! God gave us joy in the hard times and hope in the promise that He would complete the journey He started to bring Savannah home! God is faithful and true! Sometimes I wonder what else we could be missing that God wants to show us, but we are too afraid to do what He asks or step out in faith to do something that may seem crazy to other people. What is He asking you to do? Are you choosing to listen to Him or walk away from all He has in store for you? It is my prayer that we will not be afraid to take the next leap of faith when God asks us to...because I know that He will ask us to do something, it's only a matter of when! Stay tuned to see what God asks us to do next, it is sure to be another amazing journey! I cannot wait!

We decided to get both of the girls ears pierced today! My sister Lindsay and my friend Laura were there to lend their support (mostly for me, since I was a wreck! I hate to see my babies in pain!) Mackenzie is now 3.5 years old and she chose purple earrings in 14 karat gold, which for anyone who knows Kenzie, knows that purple is the only choice she could make...it's her favorite color!! We picked a beautiful pair of light pink earrings in 14 karat gold for Savannah and she looks gorgeous! Both girls were so brave and sat completely still for their ear piercings! Thankfully, they had one lady on each ear so they only had to go through the pain once. They cried for a minute and then all was well! This afternoon, you would never even know that they just had them pierced!

Here are a few pictures...Kenzie is wearing her new purple swimming goggles in one (she's becoming a great little swimmer!) and the close-up of Savannah's earrings looks like her ear is purple, but that is just left-over ink from the dot they use to center the earring (it's not a bruise!!)...









5 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy 14 Months Savannah! You are such a blessing!

Girls, I love your earrings! You look FABULOUS!

We noticed in Allie's last update pictures that her ears were pierced! I couldn't believe it. They are so tiny. I am really glad though, cause I don't think I could sit there while she had it done. It was bad enough getting mine done. Yikes!

Have a great weekend!
Stacie

LouLou said...

Both your girls are just adorable. I am too much of a scaredy cat to get AP's ears pierced yet. I wouldn't let them do it in Guat., because I was scared they would get infected or something....Your girls look fantastic with their new jewels!

Anonymous said...

I saw your BOW WIN on Lou's blog and had to come see your blog. :) I'm glad I did because you have such beautiful girls and a great blog! :) Looks like we picked our daughter up just a couple of weeks before you did. HAPPY 14 months old Savannah and CONGRATS on the earrings! :) Oh and CONGRATS on the new hairbows. Gosh there's a lot to say in this one post isn't there? :)

Karen D. said...

Congrats on the win!!! I love the girls in their new ear rings! I haven't decided when I want to get Abbs done! I might be like you and need the support! I love the pics! Looks like you have had a fantastic time!

Happy 14 Month B-day, Savannah! Very soon your mommy and I will be sharing our secret!

Love you guys!
Karen

Rebecca said...

Keely, It's so hard to believe our babies are getting so big! I can believe they will be 15 months soon!!! We are so blessed!