-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some People Just Don't Understand!

Yesterday, I realized that some people may never understand our adoption. They don't understand why we would put ourselves through this long and unpredictable process to adopt a child. They don't understand that we feel exactly the same way about our children and it doesn't matter at all to us that one is biological and one is adopted. We know in our hearts that God chose each of our children to be ours and we are so thankful that we are blessed to be their parents!

I also realized that some people may never accept the fact that we are adopting a child from another culture and changing the "look" of our family. The truth is that we want Savannah to be proud of her heritage, where she came from and the culture that she was born into. We don't see things "in color" and it really hurts us to know that some people will always point that out.

We are a family, and we are so thankful that God has brought us together. We want Savannah to know that she is our child, fully and completely ours and that she is a gift from our Lord & Savior. We treasure her story and we know that God has a very special plan for her life. We are in awe that He would choose us to be her parents! Children are a blessing and we have been blessed twice now!

On another note, yesterday, I went out and bought some baby board books that are bilingual, English/Spanish! I was so excited to find such a wonderful selection of books at Barnes & Noble. All Savannah has ever really been exposed to is the Spanish language. Since she will most likely be close to a year old by the time she comes home to us, we wanted her to feel comforted by hearing her native language. We know that babies adjust quickly to new languages, but we wanted her to have something familiar during the transition between her home in Guatemala and her home here in the US. I found Elmo, Clifford, and some other great books that I'm sure both of our girls will enjoy for years to come. I even found a book with a CD of Spanish lullabies! How great is that?? We plan to teach both of our children as much Spanish as we can and we hope to learn right along with them! It's fun to develop new skills and speaking Spanish is one that we'd like to explore!

On yet another note....I have been having a lot of dreams about Savannah lately. I've been dreaming about being in Guatemala at the hotel with her and that we are finally able to bring her home. I really believe that we will have her home soon...even with everything that has been going on in Guatemala with regards to adoptions, I believe that God is reminding me through my dreams, that He is the one in control and that He will bring her home to us. He is bigger than any government. He created all things and all people and He can do more than we could ever ask of Him. We are asking that God would bring Savannah home to us and we know that is not too much to ask our God!

1 comments:

jeanette said...

yep -some people just don't understand..and that's OK...all we can do is share our "story" and let it be a testimony and a light for HIM. YAY for finding some English/Spanish stuff..I'm sure there's lots around us, being in AZ. :)
I'm praying for good news for you guys..SOON! :) I'm always checking email to see if there's 1 from you saying -We're Out!!!! :)