Yesterday was one of the most difficult days for me emotionally...I was a complete mess and spent most of the morning in tears. I was missing Savannah so much that I just could not control myself...I was so sad that we don't have her home with us yet. I did manage to get myself out of the house for a long walk and that truly refreshed my strength of spirit. When I returned home, Mackenzie and I went out in the backyard so she could ride her bike and we could enjoy the sunshine. A bug landed on my shirt and I quickly brushed it away before I even realized that it was a ladybug! That was the first ladybug I've seen all year and it landed on my shirt! I think that God sent the ladybug to me as a sign of hope! He wants us to keep going and He wants us to know that our adoption will be completed soon.
Then last night, before bed, I decided to check my email and I received a letter from a dear friend who is in the process of adopting her second baby from Guatemala. She shared some very personal experiences with me and she helped me put our situation into perspective. Yes, we are waiting a really long time to bring Savannah home and it is very difficult to not know the reason things are happening the way that they are, but what matters most is that Savannah is happy & healthy. Once we bring her home, all of the heartache we've experienced during this process will be erased. Even though we may never understand why God does things the way He does, we can be assured that He is in control and Has a perfect plan for each and every life. All we can do is continue to pray and wait for God's plan to be revealed.
I think my biggest mistake along the way has been assuming that this journey would be easy. I guess I just figured that since we were following God, that He would make our adoption path smooth & straight. Instead it has been a rocky & windy road and we still have not seen the end of the road. God reminded me last night that He never said following Him was going to be easy, in fact, sometimes our biggest challenges and struggles come because we are following God. I know without a doubt that we are obeying God by taking this adoption journey and that is the most important thing. Trevor and I have never been known to do things the easy way, but God has always blessed us even more for trusting Him to work out the details.
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
5 comments:
That was very well said, and I know how hard it is. International adoption can be a frustrating road at times, believe me, I am dealing with it too! But, you are right, God did not say following him would mean things will be easy. Praying that you will have your daughter sooner than you think!
Michelle
Oh how my heart aches for you my friend! Know that I continue to lift you guys up in prayer and praying that you'll be united as a family very soon!
HI--Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!!! Oh my goodness sweetie I feel your pain and I will say a prayer for you tonight --God will see you thru this and he will be glorified!!!! He can move this mountain with the faith of a mustard seed!!!! Your sweet sweet Savannah is so so so beautiful and you --you are just as cute as you can be!!! If you don't mind I will add you to my favorites!!! I am so excited to follow your journey!!! hugs hugs hugs :o)
Keep the faith !! This is a challenging process !!
Keely,
I know you have been stressed out. I want you to know that I am praying for you every day. I really believe that you will be OUT of PGN very soon!!! Like this week would be great!!! Sweet little Savannah will be home very soon!!! HUGS, Rebecca
Post a Comment