Last night, Mackenzie & I made brownies together and Savannah played in the tupperware cupboard! Fun was had by all! Here are pics from our night!
In other news...I've been busy doing crafty things this fall! My friend, Katie, is an artist and she asked me if I wanted to share a booth with her at a local Christmas boutique! I said sure, but with no idea what I could possibly contribute to our booth. So, I went to Michael's and started looking around...the 2 things I'm good at are painting (walls, interior, that sort of thing...not artistic) and scrapbooking. I have always been a creative person and enjoyed having a project to work on...so for the boutique I combined my 2 talents and I was really happy with the final results! I love the way things change & progress as you actually start working on a project...you come up with new ideas and ways to do things differently...better!
So, I ended up making frames, mirrors, trinket boxes and wood lettering...all hand painted and finished! Unfortunately, the Christmas boutique was a total bust...the weather here was terrible and the huge rain storm we had caused everyone to stay home! So, now I'm looking for new ways to market myself and my children's decor products. I have posted a couple of items on http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5439189 (click on the link to see my little store) and I might try posting on ebay also. I would love for my little business to take off...who knows, maybe it will be God's way of helping me raise money for our next adoption! To all of our family reading this...don't freak out...we haven't started another adoption yet, and Trevor isn't on board entirely yet either, but in my heart, I believe God has another baby out there waiting for us someday. Maybe at this time next year, we'll know what His plans are for us!
Here are a few glimpses of some of the stuff I've been working on and also some pics of our booth at the Christmas boutique! My friend Katie painted all of the children's artwork too! So cute!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
1 comments:
It's great to see some pictures of the girls! They are so cute! And I am so impressed by your art! I hope you all are doing well. And happy belated birthday to Trevor!
Love, Christine
Post a Comment