I've been feeling a bit down the past few days...mostly because it feels like nobody remembers that we are having a baby too! My sister-in-law is pregnant with her fourth baby and my mother-in-law's friends threw Ashley a huge baby shower this past Saturday! It was a wonderful shower, gorgeous & elegant, and I am so glad that Ashley was on the receiving end of things. But, the whole time I felt a bit left out. I guess I just didn't understand why they weren't having a joint shower for the both of us, so my feelings were really hurt. Ashley is due with her baby girl on May 19 and we are due to bring Savannah home any day now. True, the ladies at our church had a nice shower for my friend Kelly and me back in February, and it was amazing, but it just didn't feel the same as a shower with extended family & close friends. I was so blessed at my church baby shower by people who don't even really know me, but they still thought of Savannah and that was so awesome! I'm not trying to be petty or greedy or anything...I just want people, especially family & friends, to remember our daughter too!
My entire family lives out of state and my mom knew how upset I've been over all of this and she must have said something to my sister Lisa. I just got an email from her a few minutes ago telling me that I should expect to receive a box in the mail next week! She called it a "baby shower in a box" and said that all of her friends and her are getting together gifts for Savannah! I cannot tell you how that made me feel! That is absolutely the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me! It is so thoughtful of her! My heart is filled with joy because of her kindness!!!
Just thought I'd share a little bit with you all today! Stay tuned for our travel dates!! Hopefully I'll have those later this week! We're still praying for our miracle that we will get an appt date on or before May 8!!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
1 comments:
Sooooo sweet! My dept at work gave me a shower at the end of last school year when I was adopting Anslie. People at church used to tell me to let them know when I wanted my shower. Now that it is getting closer, they have stopped asking! LOL!
Thank you for your friendship!
Love and prayers,
Karen
Post a Comment