This morning I decided to email our agency to see if they had received any news about our adoption progress! To my surprise, I got an email back from Philip a few minutes later! He said that our attorney expects Savannah's new passport to be ready today!!! Today!!! I cannot believe that because we just got her new birth certificate on Thursday of last week, and we were thinking that her new passport would not be ready until Thursday or Friday of this week!
So, the really good news is that if her passport comes back today, then Savannah will visit the Embassy doctor for her final check-up tomorrow! Then our case will be submitted to the US Embassy on Thursday or Monday for our PINK slip (since the Embassy is closed to Guatemalans on Fridays)!! The PINK slip is usually issued within 72 hours, which means we should have our exact appointment date and time some time next week! Philip told me that he expects that we will travel to Guatemala to bring Savannah home within the next 3 weeks!
We are ecstatic! Suddenly, everything is coming together and soon we will have our daughter home with us forever! God is so amazing and He continues to surprise us! His timing is perfect and we have comfort in knowing that He has everything all planned out. Of course, we would have loved to have Savannah home at 6 months of age, but now we are praising God that she will be home before her first birthday!! Thank you Lord!!!
Here are a couple more pictures of Savannah to share!!!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
3 comments:
How EXCITING!! Isn't God Amazing? It just gives me chills to see another little miracle coming HOME! Congrats!
Stacie
I am praying for ya! I LOVE the last picture! (You know why! ;-) )
Love Ya!
Karen
what great news!
Post a Comment