-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Monday, July 14, 2008

Long Time No Post...

Well, I cannot say I have a good reason for not posting lately...I guess I just don't feel I have that much to say! Summer has been sort of slow and a bit mundane and we haven't really found a good groove. Next summer, I'm definitely going to take the initiative to plan more activities for the girls so they don't get antsy with boredom (and so I don't either!). We started summer off with VBS and then with swimming lessons for Kenzie and those ended in June. We didn't sign up for another session because we are going to be out of town for 2 weeks. So, when we get back, we will be signing up both girls for swimming lessons! I'm excited to see how Savannah does in her very first swimming lessons...we've been working with her a lot this year to get her to feel more comfortable in the water. It is a HUGE improvement over last summer when she was obviously very afraid of the water...it was just another new thing she had not yet experienced, so we didn't push her into lessons right away. She is now approaching 26 months old and we think she's ready to start learning to swim!!

The girls are really entertaining lately (although I have to say it gets old at times...like when we're in the car and we hear everything in duplicates!). Savannah wants to do everything just like her big sister and so she will repeat everything Kenzie says and she will try to do everything Kenzie does. If Kenzie jumps, Savannah jumps too. If Kenzie claps, screams, runs, or laughs....Savannah is right behind her doing it too!

Anyway, that's about all for now...nothing really new to report, but here are some pictures from the past couple of months...the last 4 pictures were actually taken by Mackenzie! As you can see, Kenzie also decided to "fix" her hair by herself one day...she was very proud! The picture of me holding Savannah was taken as we were looking at pictures we received from her foster family in Guatemala (we still keep in touch with them...even a year later...what a blessing!)...Savannah was trying to kiss her foster mom on the screen! So cute!















2 comments:

Karen D. said...

I am glad to see an update! I am glad that you guys are doing well! Abbie and I did the Mommy/Baby swim class back in June. Abbie was not too fond of the water!

I keeping saying that I am going to send our foster family some pics- but some how never get around to do doing it! I am terrible.....!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Rebecca Lily said...

Cute pictures!! We just finished up swim lessons... my middle daughter FINALLY overcame her fear of water this year (she is 8 and this is her 4th year of lessons!!) Give it time, it happens when they're ready! :)

Rebecca