Well, the girls and I have been on vacation for the past 2 weeks and then daddy joined us for the second week of vacation! We had a wonderful time visiting with family and just hanging out with everyone. Savannah was introduced to all of the extended family/friends who had not been able to meet her since she came home in May of 2007. And everyone was surprised at how much Mackenzie had grown since our last visit 2 summers ago! Wow, a lot has changed since then!
The girls and I spent the first week at my parents house and we hung out with my sister Lindsay all week too. The girls rode horses, played with the doggies, and enjoyed watching/feeding the Koi fish in my parents pond. The girls had so much fun with grandma & grandpa and we all created some great memories!
I also had a couple of reunions while I was in town...both of which happened on the same day! How fun! My first reunion was with my friend Sean who I have known since elementary school. He was in town to visit his parents and had brought his oldest son Alex with him! He also has a 5 month old baby boy and a beautiful wife who didn't make the trip up with him. But, it was wonderful to see Sean again and to meet at least one of his little boys! The kids had so much fun playing together!
My second reunion was with my friend Katie...we were the best of friends freshman year of college and then certain things in life sort of got in the way of our friendship for the next few years of school. It was really sad and I totally missed her friendship over the years. Last summer I got a surprise letter in the mail from Katie! I couldn't believe it! It was amazing and wonderful to have a chance to reconnect with her! We've been writing and talking ever since. So, when I knew I was going to be back in the area, we planned to get together and have a little reunion!! It was so much fun and it's amazing how much and how little has changed over the years! Katie looked awesome...exactly the same as she did back in college and she thought I looked exactly the same too! We had a great day together with my sister and the girls and I only wish that it had lasted longer!
Trevor flew up on the 25th, although it should really qualify as the 26th since his flight was delayed and did not arrive until after midnight. He was able to have a quick visit with my family on Saturday and I was able to take him to the beach that night so he could see where I really grew up. Then on Sunday, we went to his cousin's wedding which just happened to be in my hometown. It was a gorgeous wedding and the weather just barely held out for the ceremony & reception! After the wedding, we drove over the mountains with Trevor's parents and spent a week with them at their lake house! It was so nice to be back at the lake...it's sort of where our relationship began and we spent many, many weekends over at the lake during the first 2 years of our marriage. It was neat to be able to experience the lake with our 2 little girls! Last time Mackenzie was there it was right before we moved out of state and she was just a little baby...maybe 9 months old at the most! Wow, how time has flown by!
Anyway, we are finally back and getting settled into our new routine. Kenzie started her first day of PreK this afternoon and she was super excited! It's sort of strange having a somewhat empty house this afternoon...this is Savannah's usual naptime, so I find myself having a lot of extra time on my hands! I'm hoping Kenzie has a wonderful time at PreK...she was SOOOO excited when I dropped her off in her classroom! I can't wait to hear all about her first day! Oh, and one more cool thing about today....as we were waiting to check-in for school, a lady approached me about Savannah. She wanted to know where she was from and I said Guatemala! It just so happens that her 4 year old son (who was going to be in Kenzie's class) was also adopted from Guatemala! It was so neat to meet a fellow adoptive mother and to share that special connection! I cannot wait to talk to her more! Just a fun little God moment that I thought I would share!
Well, without further ado...here are a ton of random pictures from our trip! I'm working on a Photo Show, but don't have time to put it all together right now. So, until then, here are just a few of the pics from our trip...
Here are the pics from week 1 of vacation....week 2 to follow in next post (hopefully later today or maybe not until tomorrow!):
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
2 comments:
glad to have you home...though I'm not sure why you came back! it looks so gorgeous up there!!!
Loved the pictures. I noticed you were wearing a jacket or sweater in most of the pictures - ugh must have been nice to be out of this heat and be with friends and family!
Post a Comment