It was so amazing to celebrate Mother's Day this year with both of my girls! Last year on Mother's Day, we were filled with excitement because we were only a few days away from travelling to Guatemala to bring Savannah home forever!!! I remember sitting in church last year on Mother's Day with tears of joy streaming down my face, trying to imagine what it would be like to have Savannah home! So, this year, I was so grateful to have both of my daughters in my arms! Even Savannah wished me a "Happy Mudder's Day!" It was so sweet!
I cannot believe that we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary with Savannah next week, followed by her 2nd birthday on May 27! My baby is growing up all too fast, and we are rapidly approaching the terrible twos! I am hoping that we can curb some of the temper tantrums that are to be expected with the age...parenting seems a little easier this time around with the skills we've gained with Mackenzie!
I will leave you with a few pictures that we've taken over the past couple of weeks...the girls love to play together after dinner time and it seems like that is when they get along the best! We will often watch them as they jump and tumble all over the floor together or as they race around the house chasing each other! It really is priceless to watch and listen as they giggle hysterically! Oh, and to explain the Spiderman water wings Savannah is wearing in the pool pics...our neighbor bought those for Mackenzie when she was learning to swim and Spiderman was the only thing they had in stock at the time! Funny! Oh, and the last picture is of Savannah wearing her Guatemalan hat...she's definitely a hat girl!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
2 comments:
Love the hat!! :) The girls are too cute. I would never have noticed the Spiderman water wings if you hadn't said anything!! (Kind of like when company comes over and you go, "Don't mind my messy floor, I really need to vacuum!" AND THEN THEY LOOK!!!) :)
Happy belated Mother's Day!
Rebecca
I love the pictures! I am so glad that you enjoyed your "Mudder's Day"! So cute!
I can't believe that you guys have been home almost a year!- and that Savannah is about to turn 2!!! Time flies!!
Love,
Karen and Abbie
Post a Comment