EDITED TO ADD: I just added links to my 3 favorite crock pot recipes - beef stroganoff (I use 1 can of cream of mushroom & 1 can of golden mushroom soup - I couldn't find the soups they asked me to use, so I improvised), italian lasagna (I use half sausage & half hamburger so it's not too spicy...also don't overcook this one, the noodles will be mushy if you do!), & mexican pork (I serve it in flour tortilla shells with sour cream & shredded cheese on top, and I also add corn to the recipe!). I also linked to the beef tamale pie recipe, which I still haven't tried to make this week, but it sounds yummy!
Well, it's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I'd share a little bit about what our life has been like lately! We have been super busy with swimming lessons for Kenzie, a weekly women's Bible study, our MOPS group (Mother's of Preschoolers - I am on the leadership team this year!), and just doing everything else that goes along with having two little ones at home and trying to keep the house clean & the family fed!
My new favorite thing is my crock pot!! I have had a crock pot for years and have never really explored cooking with it, until now! I have found the most wonderful recipes online and so far I've made the following dishes in my crock pot: beef stroganoff, italian lasagna, mexican pork burritos, sweet & sour chicken, salsa swiss steak...and this week I'm going to try a beef tamale pie! Everything I've made is super easy and delicious and it really makes my life so much less stressful around dinnertime because dinner is already done!!
In Savannah news, she is walking & running everywhere! She absolutely loves to follow me all over the house, especially when I'm trying to vacuum! Wherever I am, she'll find me! It's really quite adorable, except for when I keep having to move her out of the way so I don't vacuum over her! She babbles all the time and loves to have conversations with you, especially when she first wakes up in the morning! She still just has the 4 little teeth on the top, which aren't even all the way in yet, and she has 2 little ones on the bottom (same story) with another one breaking through on the bottom. I keep waiting for her teeth to come all the way in...not sure how long that it's going to take! She really wants to eat everything that we do, but since she barely has any teeth, it is really hard for her to, she ends up spitting out half of what she tries because she can't chew it up completely! Hopefully her teeth will cooperate and keep growing!!
We have definitely been busy, but we are loving life right now! Since it's still so hot, we've been spending a lot of time in the pool or doing family stuff inside! I thought I'd post a few new pictures too, mostly of daddy with his girls! Is anyone still reading our blog out there???
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
6 comments:
ME ME ME I still look at it almost weekly. I also think my Aunt Lib also reads it!!!!
I'm really behind in updating mine, but I hope to catch up here soon.
Wow, you have been busy! Sounds like you guys are just having a blast though.
Those crockpot meals sounds great! Which one is your favorite? I've had my crockpot ever since we got married 3 years ago and I think I have used it twice! I would love to learn how to use it more often. It sounds like such a time saver!
Love the pics! That girl just makes me smile. :)
I wanted to also thank you for all your love and support while we were in Guatemala! It means so much to us. We had such an AMAZING time with Allie, and I pray we are back to bring her home VERY soon!
Hope you have a great week!
Stacie
Keely, Savannah is just SO beautiful! Kiss those sweet little cheeks for me. ;-))
Glad to hear that all is well with you guys.
Love, Rebecca and Zachary
Abbie and I still read your blog!!!
I'd love to have some of your recipes for the crock pot.
I am going to try- again- to go and pick up the prints for you.
When do you want to share our secret?
Love,
Karen and Abbie
I read your blog too. We will have to try those crockpot recipes especially since our oldest daughter has taken over making dinner - these should be perfect for her.
I LOVE my crockpot...oh so many dishes to make in it! Now I'll have to try your new ones out! :)
Post a Comment