We just wanted to let everyone know that we made it home safely with Savannah! Yesterday was a really long day for us...we were up at 4 am and left for the Guatemala City airport at 4:30 am. Our flight to Houston went really well and we even made it through immigration within 1 hour! Then things got a bit interesting. I guess there was a huge thunderstorm in Houston before our flight arrived and it caused major problems with scheduling. Needless to say, our flight was delayed and we were stuck in Houston for 8 hours at the airport! I had a bit of a meltdown when I found out about that, but Savannah was perfect...she slept a lot and was happy all day long! What a little miracle we have! She was so smiley and happy and was flirting and waving at everyone...she loves to play and interact with people. She didn't cry at all on either flight or during our 8 hours in the Houston airport! What a blessing! We finally got home at around 9 pm last night after 18 hours of travel!
When we arrived at our home airport, we were greeted by my mom, our daughter Mackenzie, Trevor's parents, and our really close friends & next door neighbors (Rob & Laura and their 3 kids!). It was such a wonderful experience and Mackenzie was so excited to meet her new sister, the first thing she said was, "Oh, she's so cute, she's so soft! Did she come from your belly mommy?" After we introduced everyone to Savannah, we went to get our bags and started walking out to the car to go home. We were so exhausted and then they told us that we had to take a shuttle to another parking lot to get into our cars. We didn't think anything of it because we were so tired, but there is a parking lot directly across from the baggage claim which is where we always park. Anyway, we waited by the curb for our "shuttle" and up drives a white, stretch Hummer limousine!! Rob & Laura arranged the whole thing and had the carseats ready inside for all of the girls! We were so shocked and surprised! They said that after all of this time, Savannah deserved to ride home in style! It was amazing! Like a dream! When the limo pulled up to our house, there were signs in our front yard saying, "Welcome Home Savannah!" "Congratulations!"
Our first night at home was wonderful! Savannah went right to sleep in her new crib and slept for the whole night!! This morning, Trevor had to go to work, but my mom is here for the week to help me and we got some great pictures of Mackenzie & Savannah together! They are going to love being sisters!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that we are finally home and together as a family! I will post more pictures and details from our trip when I have time.
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
10 comments:
So happy to hear you are home!!
It was great to be able to spend some time with you! Good luck!
Nancy
I can't believe you've already posted! :) I'm sorry I wasn't at the airport to greet you -but am now glad I wasn't waiting 8 hours for you to arrive! :)
Cannot WAIT to meet this little miracle!
Welcome Home! It's very exciting to see your blog. I found it on another blog and I'm in week 12 of the PGN and cannot wait to go and get my baby girl!
Congratulations!
Donna
I am so glad that you are home safely! I was praying for you! I am sure that I would have had a melt down too, if my flight had been delayed that long! The pictures are great! I can't wait to see more and hear the details of the trip!!
Love ya!
Karen
Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you had a safe travels. I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip.
Welcome Home!!! We're glad that you had a good trip! Sorry about that delay. I would have had a meltdown too! I'm glad Savannah was good though. I'm sure that helped your nerves. ;-))
I'm sure you are glad to be home now. Hope you can all catch up on your rest. Enjoy that little angel baby!
Love,
Rebecca and Zachary
Welcome home baby Savannah! You are so loved.
Stacie
Welcome home!!! That last pic is priceless :)
How precious! She is very pretty. I know you are happy to be home!
Aunt Lindsay has kept us posted on you long journey home. From the looks of all the smiling faces it was definitely worth the wait. The pictures shot out "LOVE", we are so happy for your beautiful & blessed family.
Elaine & Brian
Post a Comment