Wow, I can hardly believe that Christmas is next week! I feel like this month between Thanksgiving & Christmas has just flown by and all of a sudden Christmas is upon us. I absolutely love this time of year and all of the joy surrounding our celebration of Jesus' birth! It's especially fun this year because both of the girls are really excited and they love to talk about Jesus and His birthday!! I love that they get it and that we are able to teach them the true meaning of Christmas from such a young age!
We've not been up to much lately, other than preparing for Christmas, decorating our house and tree, wrapping gifts and shipping packages to our family out-of-state! We are looking forward to the New Year and all that it may bring and we are looking to God to direct our family in the way that He would have us go.
In other news...Savannah potty trained herself almost 2 months ago!! I LOVE that she did it all by herself and I will admit that I was dreading having to potty train her...it's just not the most fun part about parenting and something totally out of your control. So, we are thankful that Savannah did it all by herself and has only had a few accidents since then!!
A couple of the pictures below are when Mackenzie decided to decorate the tree all by herself. She placed ALL of her little stuffed animals ALL over the tree and she was so proud...she couldn't wait to show her daddy!! It was really adorable and I felt bad that we had to take them down eventually, but we did replace them with our traditional Christmas bears!
Here are a few pictures that were taken recently...the first one is hilarious...Savannah giving Newman a good night snuggle! Then there are a few of the girls by the tree and the last one is just perfect...Savannah was totally posing...I love her glasses and her pouty lips!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
3 comments:
You have such a wonderful and lovely family! The pictures are adorable, and the stories are so fun. Congratulations on the potty training, as my sister has been telling me about her almost 3-year-old daughter’s experience (and they started almost 6 months ago). In addition, good for you in teaching your daughters about the real reason for Christmas... it never should be too early for it!
Wow...congrats on the potty training. I am secretly praying that Maya will do the same.
I love the photo of Savannah sitting in the wagon next to the tree. Priceless!
Merry Christmas!
Oh yea the last one if my favorite!
I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment