Last weekend, we had a fun surprise when our friends Gregg, Jerin, Olivia, & Noah came to stay with us for a few days! We hadn't seen them since we moved here 4 years ago and it was so great! They are the type of friends where it doesn't matter how much time has passed between visits...you still feel like you've known them forever and we just have a special bond! We're so much alike in very many ways...especially Jerin & myself! Funny! Anyway, we had an amazing time with them and just wish they lived closer. The kids got along so well and it was so sad to see them have to leave...Kenzie was heartbroken for days after they left! Well, we'll definitely have to plan another visit soon...maybe a family vacation together in the near future! Unfortunately, we didn't take a single picture with all of us, but we did get some cute pics of the kids and of Jerin holding Savannah!
Let's see, what else...oh, Savannah finally fits into her new pair of princess light-up sandals! There are a few pics of her showing off her new shoes, and a few of her with a hilarious wink...not sure what that was all about, but it was too silly not to share! She LOVES them and I found them for an amazing price too! I almost always buy things on sale...I seem to find the greatest deals and most people who know me well are shocked at what I can find! Not sure it's much of a talent, but I view it as more of a blessing...it's amazing what you can find if you are patient and keep your eyes open!
Oh, and lastly, there are a few pics from last night at bedtime. The girls were really having trouble falling asleep and Trevor and I heard some movement in the dining room...this is what we found...2 little princesses laying on their blankies together. Kenzie had made them a little bed to share and it was ADORABLE! As frustrated as we were that they would not stay in bed last night, I had to run and grab the camera because it was just too cute! Needless to say, after about an hour of Savannah coming out of her big girl bed, I finally set up the playpen and she fell asleep immediately and slept soundly all night long, and actually slept in like she used to do pre-big-girl-bed-days!! There is definitely something to be said about the confinement and security of a crib. We were very ready to move her to a big-girl bed, but sometimes we wonder whether she was ready yet! She was happy as a clam in her crib and probably would have slept there for another year, but at least we have a playpen that can easily be set-up for those sleepless nights!!
We had a really relaxing weekend as a family and we're looking forward to going on another camping trip this coming weekend! Stay tuned for more pictures...I promise to actually use my camera this time and we're praying that it doesn't rain all weekend!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment