-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shout to the Lord!!!



So, did anyone watch American Idol Gives Back on Wednesday night?? And, the results show last night? There were a couple of things that really stood out to me...the video of Annie Lennox in Africa (to be honest...I did not recognize who she was and had to ask, "who is that?") and specifically the part where she was visiting the orphan brothers in Africa. I was also touched by the video of Daughtry and the children singing and also by Forrest Whitaker (sp?) & his wife's sort of mini-documentary on living conditions in Angola. Overall, the show was pretty good although I didn't find myself crying like I did last year. The show seemed a little less focused on the cause and a little more focused on the celebrity participation...and some of the comedy seemed out of place to me. Maybe also because last year, we were still waiting for Savannah to come home from Guatemala, and that made the orphan situation all the more real to me. But, the part of the show that filled me with joy (both nights) was when the 8 finalists sang "Shout to the Lord!" The first night, I noticed that they sang "My Shepard, my Savior" in place of "My Jesus, my Savior" but I was OVERJOYED that they chose THIS song to close the show on Idol Gives Back! They chose "Shout to the Lord" over ALL the other songs in the world and not only did they sing it once on national television, but TWICE! I was just smiling and thanking God for this amazing opportunity to witness to others about the name of Jesus! I didn't even mind that the first night they replaced the word Jesus with Shepard, because Jesus is our Shepard!! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else watched American Idol this week and if you all were as touched (& surprised) by the show as I was??

Here are the words to the song, "Shout to the Lord":

My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My Comfort, My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You

(chorus)

Shout to the Lord, all the earth
Let us sing. Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in
YOU!

(chorus)

My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My Comfort, My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You

(chorus)

Shout to the Lord, all the earth
Let us sing. Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in
YOU!

(bridge)

Let the earth sing
I declare your great name
All of my life I will
With all of my breath
I will praise you
Lift it up, lift it up

(chorus)

Nothing compares to you
I shout your praise
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares to the promise I have in YOU!


Zschech Darlene Lyrics

6 comments:

theturnerfam said...

Too bad they didn't say Jesus because "there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

keelstar said...

They did say Jesus on the show last night though! So, they sort of redeemed themselves by singing the true words!!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

Yes! I saw this...very cool!

theturnerfam said...

The same song? Or a different one? That's amazing.

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

I was very surprised when I heard the song being sung and then not surprised when I heard them change the words. It grieved me and I was even angry. Then I heard a commentary on HIS Radio, WRTP Christian radio here in Raleigh, NC that there were so many complaints called in to the show about how they sang it wrong the first night so they intentionally redid the song the next night and added Jesus back into it! Praise the LORD that HIS people stood up for righteousness and that they did something about it. WE should all be found faithful in times like these!!Evil will prevail when good men do nothing!! In His Timing & Care, Eileen