Wow, I can hardly believe that today marks our 10 month anniversary of being home in the US with Savannah! Pretty soon, we will be celebrating her 2nd birthday and it really feels like we just celebrated her 1st!! The time has flown by and we are just so thankful that God chose to bless our family with this amazing little girl...she is our daughter in every sense of the word and she fits in with our family perfectly! God definitely knew what He was doing when He hand-picked Savannah to be a part of our family and we are so thankful that we decided to pursue adoption in the first place. To think if we had simply ignored God's calling on our family to adopt...then we would have missed out on this incredible gift...adoption truly is a miracle and I hope that someday God will call our family to adopt again!
This morning, we had our Celebrating Adoption photo shoot and I cannot wait to see how the pictures turn out!! We should have proofs available within a week! I'm super excited about that! I really haven't taken any pictures lately...so I don't think I have anything new to share...I will try to get new pics posted soon!
We're also waiting for our court hearing for our re-adoption and that whole process should be complete in the next few months or so. We probably should have started the re-adoption immediately after coming home, but it just seemed too overwhelming...the thought of doing more paperwork just wasn't very appealing. But, we are happy to finally be taking care of this last little loose end so Savannah can officially be a US citizen. We also have our 12-month post placement visit with our social worker coming up next week too! Lots of stuff going on!
Happy 10 months home baby girl!! I am so proud to be called your mommy! The path we took to get to you was not very easy, but I am so glad we decided to go down that path, because we never would have found you any other way! We will treasure every day that God allows us to spend with you!!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment