-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas, New Year's & Birthdays!

This is always such a busy time of year for our family...it starts in December, first with my father-in-laws birthday, then my husband, then comes Christmas, then my sister Lindsay's birthday, then New Year's Eve, which also happens to be Mackenzie's birthday! Between Thanksgiving & New Year's is usually a blur for us and I'm sure you can see why!!! It's very busy, but I absolutely love this time of year and celebrating all of the birthdays and of course, the most important one of all...Jesus birthday!!! I was never a huge fan of New Year's Eve, until 4 years ago, when our daughter Mackenzie entered the world on that day! Now, the day has a special meaning for our family! I do have to admit though that I love the idea of starting out with a fresh year ahead of us....new beginnings & a new adventure awaits!

Anyway, I thought I would post a few pictures from the past few weeks, starting with Christmas and moving on to Mackenzie's 4th birthday and New Year's Eve! I'm waiting to get some more pictures from my friend, Laura, who took some awesome photos on New Year's Eve with all of us! When I get those from her, I'll add them to the blog!

Please, take a minute and say some prayers for all of the families that are currently in the process of adopting from Guatemala. A statement was released today regarding adoptions and it is not good news....things are slowing to a halt and PGN has stopped processing cases all together. This is not positive news at all. PGN is the government entity that gives approval for all international adoptions. Now, they are saying they will not process any cases until they are registered with the so-called "Central Authority," which does not in fact exist at this moment. This new announcement could cause a significant delay in adoptions....something similar happened back in 2003 and it took 6 months to resolve the issues and begin processing adoptions again. I cannot imagine what all of these families must be feeling right now, I know that I would be hysterical if Savannah was still waiting for us in Guatemala and we had no idea if she was coming home or how long it may take. I just pray for God's peace to rest on all of these families and for His hand to comfort His children during this most trying time. Please join me in praying for the families and children and for a speedy resolution that will allow all of the adoption in process to be completed in a timely manner.

Christmas Morning:





















Kenzie's 4th Birthday & New Year's Eve:


















Stay tuned for more pictures from New Year's Eve! We had a great time with our next door neighbors and the best part about it, was that we didn't have to drive...all we had to do was walk next door to go home!!!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous family!! It is so nice to see babies that are home. We pray for all our friends and friends we haven't met yet that the Guat gov't gets it together QUICK!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Thanks for your sweet encouragement!! Your family is just so beautiful. I can't wait to have our sweetie home with us!

Blessings,
Lindsey

Karen D. said...

I love all the new pics!!

I can't seem to find your number, so if you still have mine, please give me a call! We definately need to plan a reunion for our girls and a meeting for us! ;-)

I agree with what you said about the adoptions. If we had been a year later, Abbie would have been caught up in it! My heart breaks for the families and the children involved!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Erica said...

I love all the new pictures!! Happy Birthday Kenzie!!! Hey - we need to get together still!!

theturnerfam said...

I love the picture of Mackenzie licking her cake!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I just had to pop in and say that you have two gorgeous girls! I have gone back and read alot of your blog and your are an awesome person. I look forward to continuing reading about your family.

Andrea