Well, Savannah finally started crawling on Saturday!!! It was awesome and she was so proud of herself (so were we!). We also found her sitting up in her crib on Saturday morning and it was the first time she ever did that! Saturday was full of firsts for Savannah. We don't think she'll crawl for very long because she really wants to walk...as soon as she gets a little more steady on her feet, she'll be off and running!
Also on Saturday, my friend Jeanette and her kids Andrew & Rebecca came over to meet Savannah for the first time! Jeanette is holding Savannah in one of the pictures below...she was sound asleep! Jeanette & her husband John started their China adoption right around the same time we started our Guatemala adoption! We met through our home study agency when they realized that we were both using the same adoption agency in Kentucky!! I totally believe that God brought us together to support each other on our adoption journeys...I know that there are days that I could not have made it through things without Jeanette's words of wisdom & encouragement that can only come from a mother experiencing the same thing! Jeanette and I have been very dear friends since our first phone conversation way back in December 2005! They were just matched with their sweet daughter, Elizabeth "Ellie", on Friday and they cannot wait to bring her home from China! I am thrilled for them and I know that God chose Elizabeth to be their daughter before the beginning of time! Praise the Lord for answered prayers!
Savannah continues to be a happy baby and is so full of joy! She is such a gift from God and we are so thankful to have her home with us! It feels like she's been here since day 1! And believe me, I never thought I would feel that way, especially during all of those long months of waiting to bring her home! We would love to adopt again someday, but only if it is what God wants for our family. Savannah is an absolute miracle, a blessing to our family, she is completely ours and it is just so awesome to know that God chose her specifically for us! She is His child first and foremost and we feel so honored to be hand picked by God to be her parents! We feel equally as blessed to have our daughter Mackenzie! She has such an amazing spirit and kind heart and we are forever grateful that God blessed us with her 3.5 years ago! She is the most wonderful big sister to Savannah and truly loves her little sister! She even asked me the other day, "who gave Savannah to us, mommy?" I replied, "Jesus gave Savannah to us, wasn't that nice of Jesus?" She said, "Yes mommy, thank you Jesus for my little sister, she's so cute!" I just love the innocence and sweetness that comes from Mackenzie! Thank you God for our two little girls!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
2 comments:
I can't believe she started crawling AFTER I left! That little stinker. :)
My kids kept asking to go back and see you guys! so cute!
It is truly a miracle to sit back and watch our Lord put together our families. He is truly a mighty God! Amen!
I'm glad I've been an encouragement to you-cuz now I'm gonna be leaning on YOUR words and wisdom to get me thru the next few months 'till Ellie comes home!
It's truly a blessing to call you friend. :)
Oh how sweet!!!!
I think that I am nesting by the way!!! I have been working today on organizing Abbie's room! Maybe this is a sign?
Love Ya!
Karen
Post a Comment