Today our sweet little Savannah turns 9 months old! It is hard to believe that we have been waiting to bring her home for the past 9 months and we've been "in process" with our agency for 16 months now! The time has really flown by quickly, despite the heartache and lack of patience we've experienced on more than one occasion. We're praying now more than ever that our case is approved by PGN so we are able to bring our daughter home. The waiting has been extremely difficult, some times more than others, but we have faith that God has everything under control and that He knows the perfect time to join our family together forever!
I'm saddened to think about all of the special times & "firsts" that we've missed during these past 9 months of her life. I often wonder if Savannah is sitting up, rolling over, crawling, walking, talking, does she have any teeth, what does she like to eat, is she still the smiley girl I remember from October? All we can do is trust that God knows what is best for our little girl because she is His little girl first and foremost. He has chosen to bless our family with her life and for that we are forever grateful. We know that she will come home to us soon and that one day all of the pain and difficulty of our process will be forgotten. Instead, we will focus on all of the wonderful memories we will create together as a family. We look forward to the day when Savannah joins our family and hope that the day will come soon!
Baby Shower Blessings!!!
On Friday, some of the ladies at our church, hosted a baby shower for my friend Kelly and myself! Kelly is in the process of adopting Joshua from Guatemala and we of course are in the process of adopting Savannah from Guatemala! We met Kelly and her family back in October when we joined our new church home and quickly discovered that we were both adopting babies from Guatemala. One of our pastors and his wife, also have 2 little girls adopted from Guatemala! Do you think God led us to this church for a reason? We sure do!
The baby shower was amazing! The outpouring of love from everyone was a true blessing to our family! I will never forget the kindness, generosity, & love that was displayed on that day. Savannah received an abundance of beautiful gifts....diapers, little outfits, books, toys, & so much more! I want to thank everyone who participated in the baby shower and I want to let you all know how deeply you touched my heart! Thank God for our wonderful church family, our friends & loved ones! Thank you for all of your prayers!
JOY UNSPEAKABLE
9 years ago
1 comments:
HAPPY 9 MONTH BIRTHDAY SAVANNAH SMILEY!!
Keely, I hope you get some good news VERY soon!! I pray for you guys every day. Hang in there. You will have that little sweetheart home very soon!!
Hugs,
Rebecca
Post a Comment