-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!! 8 Years & Counting!

Wow, I can hardly believe that 8 years ago today, my husband and I were married! We had a whirlwind romance and were married exactly 6 months to the day from when we began dating! We were engaged on my husband's birthday and planned our entire wedding in just 3 months time! My husband will always remind me that I had picked out my dress before we were even engaged! Yes, it's true, I found the perfect dress and just had to buy it, knowing that I would wear it when I got married someday...I was pretty sure he was going to ask me, so it wasn't that big of a risk! We were so young and so in love...neither of us had been looking for a relationship and that is exactly when God brought us to each other. Funny timing, only God! We've definitely had many ups and downs over the past 8 years, but all in all, we are happily married and working each day to be more like Christ in our marriage. Being married is probably one of the most challenging things in life, but it's also one of the most rewarding when you are able to see things through God's eyes. I am so thankful for my husband and that he has put up with me for all these years. I think God got it right when He gave us to each other...we don't always get along and sometimes we don't even like each other very much, but in the end, we have God at the center and He always pulls us back together. Without God in our marriage, I'm pretty sure we would not have survived the test of time. It's still difficult even with God by our sides, but it would be impossible without Him!

Happy Anniversary to my honey! I cannot wait to see where God leads us over the next 8 years and beyond. He's already blessed us with 2 gorgeous girls and I know that whatever He has planned for our future will be amazing!

Here's my favorite picture from our wedding day, taken by my dear friend Christine! Her pictures were much better than our actual "wedding photographer"!

5 comments:

jeanette said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Joy said...

What a beautiful picture! It looks like it is out of a magazine. Ok - so both of your hair looks so different I didn't recognize it as you guys at first! Happy Anniversary!

K T said...

Your husband is lucky to have such a loving wife as yourself! I am glad you found one another-good luck with the next 50 years :)

Cindy said...

That's a beautiful picture and a beautiful post. Congratulations on 8 years!

Christine said...

Hi Keely! How are you? Happy anniversary ... 2 1/2 months late. I hope you had a great one. I love that picture. So cute!!!