-------------------------------------------
This is the story of our journey of faith to adopt our daughter Savannah from Guatemala. We give all the praise and all the glory to God for His faithfulness in allowing us to bring her home forever in May 2007! We are so thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Mackenzie & Savannah!
-------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Adventures Continue...

We've been camping the past 2 weekends in a row and have had such a wonderful time as a family...needless to say, there have been a few stressful moments (especially at bedtime & trying to get Savannah to sleep in her "bunk"), but other than that, we've made some great memories together! I am actually surprised at myself that I've enjoyed camping so much...I even survived this past weekend of "primitive" camping out in the middle of nowhere! All I could think of when we got there was I sure hope we don't have any surprise visits from bears or cougars!! It was that remote...definitely animal territory. What in the heck we were doing way out there I'll never know...but thankfully we weren't by ourselves...or should I say obviously! For anyone who knows me, they know that I do not like the "unknown" and this camping trip definitely classified as "unknown" in my mind. My idea of camping is at a "real" campground with actual campsites and actual picnic tables and bathrooms! Well, it couldn't have been that bad because we did actually survive and managed to have a nice time despite all of the dirt, rain, and freezing cold weather! Our little tent trailer makes a nice and cozy little home away from home! Small but perfect for us!

Here are a few pictures from our past 2 weekends of camping. We'll be taking a little break from camping...we're so excited to go back to church...we absolutely miss it when we are away!!

First weekend...our first solo camping trip as a family! Nice weather, nice campground!
















Second weekend...thankfully not a solo trip, fun, dirty, freezing, remote! Savannah literally fell asleep sitting up next to me while Trevor and I were playing cards! Funny...she was awake one minute and literally passed out the next! The second night of our camping trip, our brand new battery gave out and then our heater didn't work all night long! It was beyond FREEZING! Thank you Jesus for warm sleeping bags that kept us toasty at night...in the morning on the otherhand, it was very difficult to get out of that warm bed! It was so cold in our trailer that you could see your breath! Yes, it was that cold!









**Oh, and you might notice that we have yet another new background! I just love those free backgrounds and to be honest, I didn't really like our last one...but since Kenzie picked it out, I had to keep it for awhile! Just for her! I LOVE the new background though...it's so much more ME!

2 comments:

Karen D. said...

Your part of the country looks beautiful! Abbie and I are going to have to make it out that way soon! The camping pics make it look like so much fun!

This is my favorite background by the way!!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Laura said...

I think you're gonna have to make a California camping trip stop!!!